Joined: Feb. 2006
||Posted: Nov. 20 2008,06:51
"Give a man a fish; you have fed him for today. Teach a man to fish; and you have fed him for a lifetime."
1. download and install "compile-3.3.5.uci" from:
2. download and unpack "gnuplot-4.2.4.tar.gz" from:
3. open a terminal(xshell) as root and navigate to the gnuplot-4.2.4 directory you obtained after step 2.
(in my case the command was: cd /mnt/hda1/downloads/gnuplot-4.2.4)
4. Type: export CPPFLAGS=-I/opt/compile-3.3.5/include
5. Type: ./configure --prefix=/opt/gnuplot-4.2.4
6. After text stops scrolling and the command prompt returns type: make
7. When the command prompt returns type: make install
8. After "make install" has finished you should find a gnuplot-4.2.4 sub-directory in /opt.
9. Open a terminal and type /opt/gnuplot-4.2.4/bin/gnuplot
10. Enjoy your self-compiled program.