Joined: Mar. 2006
||Posted: Mar. 03 2006,00:00
I am running DSL 2.2b from a LiveCD, and I used the DSL download extension panel to install gaim-gtk2-1.3.1.dsl and gtk2-0705.dsl. When I click on the gaim icon nothing happens. When I launch gaim from the CLI, I get an error which reads:
Erro converting from UTF-8 to STRING: Could not open converter from UTF-8 to ISO-8859-1.
It continues to say that there was an error in the creation of /etc/pango/pango.modules, so I figure that I have a font issue.
I then upgraded to GNU utils, and then I now I get the following error:
Pango-WARNING **: No builtin or dynamically loaded modules were found.
I have searched the forum and found other references to this type of problem, but I could not find a solution.
I tried other gtk2 apps and found the same problem. I assume that I am missing a library or something, but I don't know what it is.
Thanks for your help.