Damn Small Linux Forums

Full Version: Publicly available repo?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As it stands right now, only the iso is available for download. After doing some research, DSL has never had a public code repository. I understand that DSL is just a soup of very lightweight open source/free utils and programs combined together. But, do you plan to keep DSL private or would you be open to having other people make contributions to DSL?
Why am I asking this? Because I am very interested to contribute in this project.
Please let me know if i said anything wrong/incorrect.
DSL is based on AntiX, which is based on Debian. The Debian repositories work.
Hey Rev, like Yan said everything is based on antiX and Debian. I have a few bash scripts in there doing a few things, but they are all in plain text and readily available in the downloadable iso. If i ever modify anything compiled I will make the source available.
Ok thanks for the clarification. I didn't know the bash scripts were included in the iso. In the meantime, I managed to build my own custom minimal version of Debian with jwm. Thought I let you know I got some heavy inspiration from DSL and all the Devuan based distros.
(03-01-2024, 11:10 AM)Rev Wrote: [ -> ]Ok thanks for the clarification. I didn't know the bash scripts were included in the iso. In the meantime, I managed to build my own custom minimal version of Debian with jwm. Thought I let you know I got some heavy inspiration from DSL and all the Devuan based distros.

OK, now that that's done, you might please stay and help here Smile
(03-04-2024, 04:57 PM)grindstone Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-01-2024, 11:10 AM)Rev Wrote: [ -> ]Ok thanks for the clarification. I didn't know the bash scripts were included in the iso. In the meantime, I managed to build my own custom minimal version of Debian with jwm. Thought I let you know I got some heavy inspiration from DSL and all the Devuan based distros.

OK, now that that's done, you might please stay and help here Smile
I would love too, But I'm actually working on a project... Related to my custom version of Debian. I'll just say it's minimal session mangerĀ  for jwm that handles xdg and uses a brand new config file for customization of jwm.