Damn Small Linux Forums

Full Version: Release Candidate 3 Now Available
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
  • Added a significantly improved Bash USB installer that supports data persistence and conserves space on the USB drive (no more DD method!).
  • Included xserver-xorg-video-intel to support native resolution on some EEE PCs and other machines.
  • Created a custom JWM theme color that matches the default in Fluxbox.
  • Fixed a terminal launch bug in zzzFM.
  • Implemented a text mode option at boot to correct a known bug inherited from runit/antiX.
  • Enhanced the Slimski login with dialog to improve user-friendliness.

User feedback is highly valued!
Could not get it to work when creating USB from Windoze 11 using Rufus, just boots to prompt. Tried both iso's.
Try the native USB install script.

Or see this thread:
https://damnsmalllinux.org/forums/thread-37.html
Hi John!

I gave Rufus an opportunity to go about it's business and it worked. For the first time I could boot the default option and I got the right resolution 1024x600 on my old Asus eeePC 1001PX. Now I'll try to make and install to this PC. Thanks for a good job with this cut.

// meo
Hi again John!

Now I have DSL installed on my old Asus eeePC 1001PX. Working just fine. Thanks for your good work John!

// meo
I am glad the resolution is working nicely for you on the eeePC, it seems to be a natural candidate for DSL.
(04-13-2024, 09:14 PM)John Wrote: [ -> ]I am glad the resolution is working nicely for you on the eeePC, it seems to be a natural candidate for DSL.

Couldn't have said it better myself! That's why I tried to resurrect this PC in the first place. So, yes it is perfect for having fun with DSL! It's not fast but it works as it's supposed to.

// meo