Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Graphics error after boot menu, boot unsuccessful.
Hello all, I have been greatly enjoying testing out the rc7 release of DSL2024! It has ran flawlessly on all the hardware I've attempted to run it on so far, however when attempting to boot it on an Acer Aspire One AO722 netbook I have ran into an interesting graphics error that prevents booting. 

The situation is as follows: 

Netbook successfully makes it to the boot menu, no issues there, but upon choosing any of the options on the boot menu it proceeds to a nice looking loading bar followed immediately after by a graphics error resembling a rainbow version of CRT TV 'snow' and boot does not proceed. "Safe video mode","virtual box video","failsafe boot", and "text" mode all have the same results. Any suggestions? 

Some more information: 

The Acer aspire one 722 supposedly has a screen resolution of 1366x768 which -IS- an option in the "F7- console" setting of the boot menu, but selecting that resolution results in "undefined video mode number: 37f" error and a selection of other resolutions. All choices result in graphics error and no boot. This netbook will run other Linux/BSD/Haiku with no graphical errors, and it would be perfect for DSL. Namely, it boots fine on other extremely cut down Linux distributions such as Tinycore, etc, can't quite figure out why this wouldn't work with DSL. 

I have also successfully ran DSL2024.RC7 on an older Acer Aspire One ZG5 (4 years older than the AO722) and it booted and ran flawlessly. 

Is this an issue of hardware compatibility, an issue of drivers, or some form of operator error? Would love to run this as the primary operating system on this netbook. 

Any help would be much appreciated!