Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spectrum-based light sensitivity accessibility
What an interesting project, I'm looking forward to trying it.

Accessibility/disability issue: I've got an extreme sensitivity to short wavelength blue light.

I'm working on getting an e-ink monitor, but until then and to rescue old laptops

Does DSL have a built in blue-light filter program on either JWM or fluxbox?

What would it take to install radky's JWM desk (https://forum.puppylinux.com/viewtopic.p...714#p39714) from puppy linux on JWM in DSL?  

Or some other blue-light filter program?  

Thank you,

If I were to imagine any features I wanted in a distro, and it would be so
All of the text in the boot up process would be large font, maybe 18 Bold
And the menus would start with large text, too
Default color temp, instead of 6500k, would somehow be set to 1800k (candlelight) from the boot screen onwards
One can dream
Do you know about redshift? I haven't installed it to HD, but if you look at the top of the conf file, it looks like one can pretty-much specify color temps.

https://github.com/jonls/redshift/blob/m...onf.sample

UPDATE/EDIT: redshift-gtk widget loads/runs from menu (Flux & JWM) in Vbox RC4 DSL, but throws gtk error from command line when started that way. Spend too much time trying to find Gtk error so far. This is precisely the error if anyone else feels like getting after it.

FWIW, got redshit-gtk running elsewhere (Xub) and it seems like a keeper to these tired old eyes.

UPDATE: Verified it both throws the same error from CLI in JWM in Vbox session of Antix full 23.1 runit but seems to run and get the panel icon loaded and running from simple menu entry (redshift-gtk).

--> Doesn't actually FUNCTION in Vbox Antix or DSL -- unknown if it works in permanent installation yet.

Tried sct in Vbox of fresh DSL w/o joy as well.
(06-01-2024, 03:51 PM)grindstone Wrote: "Do you know about redshift?  I haven't installed it to HD, but if you look at the top of the conf file, it looks like one can pretty-much specify color temps."

What's HD?
I love redshift.

"--> Doesn't actually FUNCTION in Vbox Antix or DSL -- unknown if it works in permanent installation yet."
Once i get the cable i need to use my onyx boox max lumi as a monitor, I'll probably try it on a real machine.

My eye thing is too severe to do much "messing with" to get stuff working.  I generally gravitate towards distros that take me less than about 10 seconds to turn on "Night Color" or correct color temp because of this, and wear blue blocking glasses while doing it.

DSL's website is easy to navigate on a B&W e-ink tablet, so i have high hopes for how the disto itself will function.