Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Release Candidate 6 Now Available
For this RC I focused a lot on bug fixes and refinements:
  • Replaced gksu with a YAD sudo script
  • Added DarkHTTPd (a lightweight web server)
  • Added French, Spanish, and Brazilian Portuguese support to Sylpheed
  • Fixed several small bugs and formatting issues
  • Restored Galternatives and Archive-extract programs
  • Added a subroutine to bypass menu rebuilding at startup if the language is set to en_* (for faster boot time)
  • Set up Firefox-esr so that it works using the Fluxbox & JWM window framing by default
  • Modified "lowram" subroutines to work properly after HD install

I am having surgery tomorrow, so I may be less available for the next week or so.
Right now there is a mistake on the download page. The link for dsl-2024.rc6.lz4.iso and for dsl-2024.rc6.lz4.iso.md5.txt goes to the respective file for RC5.

P.S.: Hope everything goes well!
Thank you for catching that. I was rushing to get the release out before the surgery. Everything went about as well as can be expected. I just need to take it easy for a few days and have a nice new scar at the base of my neck.
Big Grin 
I had surgery recently as well. I hope you are doing well. I think what you are doing with DSL is awesome and I hope you continue. If I ever get the money to donate to your efforts I will. I happen to be in a hospital because a 3rd of my left foot had to be cut off because of an infection they couldn't figure out where it came from. Hilarious huh?

I've used the old DSL on several computers that I took apart, found better parts for, and put back together then gave away to people that couldn't afford they're own. That was several years ago. Before I became homeless which is another story I won't tell here. Anyways, I hope you are doing well. I tell everyone I meet that I get to talk about Linux too about DSL, how much I like it and your work with it.
Hi Sharkscott,

My condition is not very serious; I had a partial thyroidectomy and it turns out that the growth was not cancerous. I hope you have a strong recovery and things start to look up for you. Thank you for using DSL but please take care of your needs first before thinking about donating to the project.