Joined: Oct. 2005
||Posted: June 19 2006,18:30
|Quote (ZoOp @ June 19 2006,13:20)|
|I need more details on |
1. your install (I guess frugal, but then why does it appear in your boot line?)
2. hardware (CPU&RAM&space on hd)
3. exact apps loaded (xchat is in the base .iso; did you load another one?)
1. Yes, my install is a frugal install. I put frugal in the grub boot line after seeing it that way in various examples. If I don't need it, I'll take it out.
-- VIA EPIA MII6000 Mini-ITX Mobo,
-- Processor VIA 600 MHz,
-- 1 x Transcend PC2100 / DDR266 memory 512 MB,
-- Samsung SpinPoint P Series 120 GB Hard drive
-- /dev/hda1 300 MB
-- /dev/hda2 1024 swap
-- /dev/hda3 ~118 GB
3. Apps. I only have the base installation, plus the four mydsl extensions that I tried to install: MPlayer, xchat, Nvu, realplayer.
I did not think xchat was in the base .iso. I saw it in the mydsl extensions when I was browsing around in there, and so went ahead and downloaded and installed.