Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The newest ISO can't boot?
Hello everyone

Nice to see the DSL be updated! Thanks a lot to the author!

But i face a issue: I can't use the downloaded ISO to boot the VirtualBOX machine up. the MD5 is correct, what's matter?

My host system is manjaro, kernel is 6.6.10, VBOX is 7.0.12, installed from apt.

Please help me, thanks.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I am sorry, I use Qemu instead of Vbox. Maybe someone else will pop in to help you out.
(02-01-2024, 05:22 PM)moha Wrote: Hello everyone

Nice to see the DSL be updated! Thanks a lot to the author!

But i face a issue: I can't use the downloaded ISO to boot the VirtualBOX machine up. the MD5 is correct, what's matter?

My host system is manjaro, kernel is 6.6.10, VBOX is 7.0.12, installed from apt.

Please help me, thanks.

Could you add some info on how or when it did not work.

My Win 11 Vbox 7.012 setup is running right now.

I am looking at my settings Screen

System: Booted fine with 2GB or 6Gb of memory
Display: Video Memory 128 MB all else default.
Storage: IDE controller for CD where Boot image .iso is loaded.
  Note if you do not "remove" the CD after install it boot from it again . Boot from hard disk works and you can eject the CD after.
  Sata controller for the Disk: 20 GB dynamically allocated  (make sure the physical disk you put it on has space.
Network:  Defaults setting: NAT

When I created the new VM it complain that it did not know what type of OS was being installed but it auto selected  linux  (2.6 3.x 4.x 5.x (64bit) )
this info is shown in the basic tab after creation.
I was also able to boot fine with just 1GB of ram allocated to the virtualbox vm running under windows.
Were you able to get a boot screen?
(02-02-2024, 02:07 PM)ProsaicHacker Wrote: When I created the new VM it complain that it did not know what type of OS was being installed but it auto selected  linux  (2.6 3.x 4.x 5.x (64bit) )
this info is shown in the basic tab after creation.

I chose Debian 12 32-bit, since AntiX is based on that.