Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Publicly available repo?
As it stands right now, only the iso is available for download. After doing some research, DSL has never had a public code repository. I understand that DSL is just a soup of very lightweight open source/free utils and programs combined together. But, do you plan to keep DSL private or would you be open to having other people make contributions to DSL?
Why am I asking this? Because I am very interested to contribute in this project.
Please let me know if i said anything wrong/incorrect.
DSL is based on AntiX, which is based on Debian. The Debian repositories work.
Hey Rev, like Yan said everything is based on antiX and Debian. I have a few bash scripts in there doing a few things, but they are all in plain text and readily available in the downloadable iso. If i ever modify anything compiled I will make the source available.
Ok thanks for the clarification. I didn't know the bash scripts were included in the iso. In the meantime, I managed to build my own custom minimal version of Debian with jwm. Thought I let you know I got some heavy inspiration from DSL and all the Devuan based distros.
(03-01-2024, 11:10 AM)Rev Wrote: Ok thanks for the clarification. I didn't know the bash scripts were included in the iso. In the meantime, I managed to build my own custom minimal version of Debian with jwm. Thought I let you know I got some heavy inspiration from DSL and all the Devuan based distros.

OK, now that that's done, you might please stay and help here Smile
(03-04-2024, 04:57 PM)grindstone Wrote:
(03-01-2024, 11:10 AM)Rev Wrote: Ok thanks for the clarification. I didn't know the bash scripts were included in the iso. In the meantime, I managed to build my own custom minimal version of Debian with jwm. Thought I let you know I got some heavy inspiration from DSL and all the Devuan based distros.

OK, now that that's done, you might please stay and help here Smile
I would love too, But I'm actually working on a project... Related to my custom version of Debian. I'll just say it's minimal session mangerĀ  for jwm that handles xdg and uses a brand new config file for customization of jwm.